Unable to connect to the MKSI tried forcing a reset but this got stuck at 95% and I wasn't allowed to force a power off through the GUI as the reset process was still ongoing.
To get round this I followed the steps below;
1. SSH onto the host running the VM.
2. Run the command;
ps | grep "VMName"The name is case sensitive so make sure you type it exactly as shown in vSphere. You will get a list of information as below;
2106831 2097959 vmx-mks:VDP01 /bin/vmxThe second number (in this case 2097959) is the process ID (PID).
3. Kill the process by running the command;
kill -9 PID4. cd to
5. Delete the swap file by using the command below;
rm -r swapfilename.vswp6. In vSphere Client you should see the machine has powered off. Right click it and remove it from the inventory.
7. Browse the datastore, open the VM folder, right click the .vmx file and choose "Add to Inventory".
8. Power on the VM. You may be prompted to answer a question about whether you have moved or copied the VM so if the power on is stuck at 95%, check for a hidden popup.