Labels

3300 (1) 3PAR (1) Active Directory (1) ADFS (1) Admin Share (1) Auto-Sync (2) Auto-Sync locked (1) AWS (3) AzCopy (1) Azure (3) Backups (2) Broadcom (1) Call Forwarding (1) CLI (2) cmd (1) Compatibility View (1) Dameware MRC (1) Databases (1) DFS (1) DNS (1) Domain Admin (1) domain controller (1) Enterprise Mode (1) ESXi 5.0 (1) ESXi 5.1 (5) ESXi 5.5 (3) Exchange (3) Exchange 2010 (5) Extreme (1) ExtremeXOS (1) Federation (1) File Share (1) FSMO (1) GPO (1) Group Policy (1) Group Policy Client (1) Hardware Acceleration (1) Helpdesk (1) HP-UX (1) Hyper-V (2) IAM (1) IE10 (1) IE11 (1) IP conflict (1) Kayako (3) LDAP (1) Licence (1) Links (9) local groups (1) LUN lock (1) LUN number (1) MAC address (1) Microsoft Teams (1) Mitel (1) Namespaces (1) Networking (6) Nexenta (6) NMC (1) Office 365 (4) OneDrive (1) Outlook 2003 (1) Outlook 2013 (1) PC (1) Physical (1) PowerCLI (10) Powershell (10) promoted links (2) Public Folders (1) RDP (1) RDS (1) Recovery Services (1) RedShift (1) Registry (3) Reports (1) Resolve (2) Restart (1) RSA (1) Run As (1) SAML (1) SAN (1) Scavenging (1) script (10) Server 2003 (3) Server 2008 R2 (1) Server 2012 R2 (2) Servers (2) sharepoint 2013 (3) SMTP (3) Snapshot (2) SRM (1) SSH (5) SSL Certificate (2) Temporary profile (1) Terminal Server (3) Troubleshooting (5) Ubuntu (1) Update Manager (1) Useful Apps (1) VAAI (1) vCenter Server Appliance (1) VDI (1) VDP (1) Veeam Backup and Replication (2) VM (1) VM Error (1) vmdk (1) VMFS (1) vMotion (2) VMware (20) VoiP (1) vSphere 5.5 (4) vSphere 6.0 (2) vSphere 6.5 (1) vUM (1) webpart (1) Windows (3) Windows 10 (1) Windows 7 (2)

Friday, 4 January 2019

Microsoft Azure: Get-AzSubscription Returns Token Error

Recently I changed my Azure login to use my organisational account rather than a Microsoft account for a particular subscription. Following this I found I was unable to access the subscription via PowerShell.

Running the cmdlet "Get-AzSubscription" (or "Get-AzureRmSubscription" if you use the older command set) returned the information for most of my subscriptions but threw the following warning for the subscription where my login had been changed;
WARNING: Unable to acquire token for tenant 'x''
After some investigation I found that my old credentials were cached in the context. Running the following cmdlet cleared this cache and allowed the subscription to be access via PowerShell again;
Clear-AzContext
(or Clear-AzureRmContext with the older cmdlets)

You can disable this auto-caching of tokens by using the following;
Disable-AzContextAutosave
(or Disable-AzureRmContextAutosave with the older cmdlets)

2 comments: