The fix for this was to create a speedcall for the external number, then to enter the new speedcall number in the Call Forwarding Profile. Instructions for doing this are as below;
Set up Speed Call:
- Login to your Mitel system.
- From the homepage navigate to the System Property - System Feature Settings - System Speed Call form.
- Click Add.
- When the window opens enter the new Speed Call details:
- Speed Call Number - XXX or XXXX (make the number of digits the same as your Extn digit length)
- Enter the actual number - (9) or the access code for an outgoing line on your system followed by mobile or landline number e.g. (9) 0778XXXXXXX or (9)011324XXXXX (9 then the full number)
- Override T/C - Yes
- Select S/C option
Speed Call - 450 Act No - 9078xxxxxx Override - Yes Select S/c
This saves having to then change the Class Of Service for the phones and trunks with Override to Yes
Set up a Call Forward Profile:
- Go to the User & devices - Advance Configuration - Call Forward Profile form.
- Click Add.
- When the window opens enter the new Call Forward details:
- Number - xxx or xxxx (the extension that wants the calls forwarding)
- Type - Always
- Fwd Dest - 450 (put in the speed call number you assigned in 4 above)
- Turn on if testing
Program a button on the phone:
- Go to the User and Devices - User and Devices Configuration form.
- Highlight the extension that wants to Call Forward.
- Click Change.
- Once the extension page has loaded, click the Key tab.
- Highlight an unassigned key or a key that's not needed and click Change Key.
- When the window opens enter the new Key details:
- Label - write a label you'll understand (this will only show on phones with a screen)
- Line Type - Call forward Always
Make sure it's the correct call forward type as selected above in Setting up a Call Forward Profile.
- Click Save.
- When complete, turn on Call Forward (the key should light up) and test.